Friday, January 14, 2011

If I had a bad day

Today would have been it.  I am thiiiiis close to actually being angry.

I was told by a client who was contracted to install the solar power system for a remote village to use inferior batteries and electronics. So that he can keep "maintaining" the system and he would buy them from us.  His exact words "if you use components that last 5-10 years, how am I suppose to eat if I don't get paid maintaining the system.  I'm sorry, but I had to not work with him anymore.  If I owned the company, I'd rather go bankrupt than do business with this guy.

Then I heard back from the chief facilities engineer (this guy really is a glorified janitor) of a fairly large hotel.  I had recently sent him the engineering calculations and Return on Investment/Break Even Point analysis for a hot water heater system I proposed.  1.5 year return on investment, and after that, free money. The components are even still under warranty for another 3.5 years.  He said that he didn't understand the calculations and that "in good faith" he can't recommend our system.  He kept mentioning how good the gas fired heaters are and how good of a relationship he has with the fuel supplier.  He stressed that when the system was designed, the designer worked closely on the budget with him.  Long story short, he practically told me that if I gave a 10% discount but keep the proposal the original price, he would make sure my proposal would be accepted.  As I said above, if I owned the company, I'd rather go bankrupt than do business with this guy.

In addition, I work with some of the laziest people in the world! All I asked for was an up to date list of the components we buy and from which vendor.  For one grouping of the vendors, I was willing to do the work. It is the most jumbled because we just go to this "market" for electrical stuff and buy circuit breakers, wires, etc from the market.  But we never know what we usually get from there.  All I asked for was the receipts from the last 3 or 4 visits and I'll make the spreadsheet containing the list of items we've purchased on those receipts.  No one can produce them, and I keep getting "just tell me what you want to buy and I'll tell you the price"  What The Heck!!!!

Someone cut me off in line for the ATM! And at the store! All within 15 minutes of each other.

Last but not least, when I was coming home, I had to wait for 45 minutes for the bus.  When I got on, the bus was so full, even a mosquito couldn't fly around in there.  I arrived at my destination bus station, where I usually take a short walk and get on another bus at a nearby station.  Since it's been a long day, I wanted to take a taxi. After 30 minutes of no taxi (I even went to the mall where there should be scores of them), I walked to the usual bus station for me to go home.  Those buses are delayed 30 minutes (at least).  So I had to go walk to another place to pick up these microbuses (angkots). Finally got home.  I'm lucky that no one pissed me off by bumping into me or running into me with their motorcycle or car.  I think I would have exploded.

Worst day ever

No comments: